We are happy to report that CCM alumnus Josh Prince (BFA, 1996) has been nominated for a Fred and Adele Astaire Award in the category of Outstanding Choreographer for a Broadway Show for his work on the new musical Beautiful: The Carol King Musical. This prestigious award honors excellence in dance and choreography on Broadway and in film.
Prince is the latest in a long line of CCM alumni who have been both nominees and winners of this award:
- In 2002, Justin Bohon (Class of 2000) won the award as Outstanding Male Dancer for his performance as Will Parker in Oklahoma!
- In 2008, Karen Olivo (Class of 1997) received the award for In the Heights followed by a nomination for her performance as Anita in West Side Story in 2009.
- Also in 2009, Kearran Giovanni (Class of 2003) received a nomination for her performance in the revival of Guys and Dolls.
- In 2010, Savannah Wise (Class of 2006) received a nomination for her work in Ragtime.
- In 2012, Ryan Breslin (Class of 2011) was nominated as Outstanding Male Dancer in a Broadway Show for his work in Newsies.
The 32nd annual Astaire Awards will be presented on June 2 at New York University’s Skirball Center for the Performing Arts.