The CCMONSTAGE Musical Series presents the ultimate show-biz musical “42nd Street” on Oct. 24-27, 2019. Tickets available online.
Declared by Playbill Magazine as one of the most represented schools on Broadway, CCM presents 42nd Street on Oct. 24-27, 2019 at Corbett Auditorium. Featuring tap dancing and classic show tunes, CCM’s musical theatre student stars of tomorrow bring this beloved story to life on stage with all of the glitz and glamour of the Great White Way.
The ultimate show-biz musical, 42nd Street celebrates Broadway, Times Square and the people who make the magic of musical theatre. Aspiring chorus girl Peggy Sawyer comes to the big city from Allentown, Pennsylvania, and soon lands her first big job in the ensemble of a glitzy new Broadway show. But just before opening night, the leading lady breaks her ankle. Will Peggy be able to step in and become a star?
Featuring music by Harry Warren, lyrics by Al Dubin and a book by Michael Stewart and Mark Bramble, the score is chock-full of Broadway standards, including “You’re Getting To Be A Habit With Me,” “Dames,” “We’re In the Money,” “Lullaby of Broadway,” “Shuffle Off to Buffalo” and “Forty-Second Street.”
A special guest and distinguished alumnus returns to CCM during the run of 42nd Street to work with musical theatre students. Lee Roy Reams (’64, ‘82; HonDoc ’98) originated the role of Billy Lawlor in 42nd Street when it opened on Broadway in 1980. He was nominated for Tony and Drama Desk awards for his performance. Reams’ master class at CCM will focus on auditioning, the importance and impact on 42nd Street in the realm of American musical theatre, tap dancing and the “business of the business.”
The 2019-20 CCMONSTAGE Musical Series presents 42nd Street on Oct. 24-27, 2019, at Corbett Auditorium. Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office; student discounts are available.
42nd Street Billing Credits
- Music by Harry Warren
- Lyrics by Al Dubin
- Book by Michael Stewart and Mark Bramble
- Based on the Novel by Bradford Ropes
- Original Direction and Dances by Gower Champion
- Originally Produced on Broadway by David Merrick
The use of all songs is by arrangement with Warner Bros., the owner of music publishers’ rights.
42nd Street is presented by arrangement with TAMS-WITMARK, www.tamswitmark.com
- Diana Lala, director
- Roger Grodsky, musical director
- Diana Lala and Katie Johannigman, co-choreographers
- Mark Halpin, scenic designer
- Reba Senske, costume designer
- Jeremy Mayo*, lighting designer
- Hankyu Lee*, sound designer
- Samantha Kittle*, wig and make-up designer
- Jennelle John-Lewis*, production stage manager
- Eddy Mineishi*, associate sound designer
- Ashley Crockett*, prop master
- k. Jenny Jones, fight director
- Sammi Grant, dialect coach
- Michael Canu as Andy Lee
- Joey Vaz as Oscar
- Matthew Skrovan as Mac
- Zoë Grolnick as Annie
- Camila Paquet as Maggie Jones
- John Collins as Bert Barry
- Anna Chase Lanier as Ethel
- Kylie Liya Page as Diane
- Tori Heinlein as Gladys
- Jack Brewer as Billy Lawlor
- Bailee Endebrock as Peggy Sawyer
- Allison Bossart as Lorraine
- Haley Holcomb as Phyllis
- Nick Berninger as Julian Marsh
- Jamie Goodson as Dorothy Brock
- Sam Cohen as Abner Dillon
- Sam Pickart as Pat Denning
- Madison Hagler, Stone Mountain as Thugs
- Kurtis Brown as Doctor
- Ensemble: Jenna Bienvenue, Kurtis Brown, Carina Florio, Ashton Francis, Alloria Frayser, Madison Hagler, Cole Harksen, Chip Hawver, Tori Heinlein, Kai Horvit, Joshua Kenneth Allen Johnson, Anna Chase Lanier, David Littlefield, Kylie Liya Page, Cassie Maurer, Eli Mayer, Kassi McMillan, Chesney Mitchell, Stone Mountain, Eli Owens, Ben Pimental, Aaron Richert, Sammy Schechter, Quinn Surdez, Abby Tucker, Julia Yameen, Jess Zylstra
- Swings: Christian Feliciano and Delaney Benson
- Dance Captain: Joshua Kenneth Allen Johnson
- Tap Captain: Zoë Grolnick
- Assistant Director: Elijah King
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25
- 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27
Corbett Auditorium, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Single tickets prices start at $35.50. Student discounts and group rates are also available.
Learn about additional ticket options for current CCM students.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online now through our e-box office.
Directions and Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Please visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions for detailed driving directions to CCM Village.
Parking is available in UC’s CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors.
CCMONSTAGE Production Sponsors: Macy’s and Dr. & Mrs. Carl G. Fischer
A preeminent institution for the performing and media arts, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is the largest single source of performing arts presentations in the state of Ohio. All event dates and programs are subject to change. For a complete calendar of events, please visit us online at ccm.uc.edu.