CCM is pleased to announce initial details on its 2014-15 Concert Series. From J.S. Bach and W.A. Mozart to Leonard Bernstein and Ray Charles, CCM’s student ensembles, faculty artists and guest performers will traverse the breadth and depth of the performing arts in this dynamic series of events.
Encompassing over 50 different concerts, this series begins with a performance by the internationally acclaimed Ariel Quartet with legendary guest artist Menahem Pressler on Sept. 9, 2014, and concludes with a number of performances by CCM’s Preparatory Department running May 1 – 9, 2015.
Other highlights of CCM’s 2014-15 concert series include:
- a performance of Brahms’ Concerto for Violin and Cello featuring the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra’s Timothy Lees and Ilya Finkelshteyn,
- choral concerts celebrating the Shakespearean Quadricentennial,
- a Wind Orchestra tribute to Leonard Bernstein,
- a guest artist recital by renowned German countertenor Andreas Scholl,
- a joint faculty artist recital by CCM’s two Naumburg gold medalists Awadagin Pratt and Soyeon Kate Lee,
- a rare stateside performance by the Cambridge-based Academy of Ancient Music,
- jazz concerts celebrating the music of Ray Charles and Duke Ellington,
- a guest artist recital by renowned pianist Stephen Hough co-presented with the Xavier University Classical Piano Series,
- a CCM Ballet Ensemble production of Stravinsky’s Les Noces,
- and much more!
Several perennial favorites are also returning this season, including the Feast of Carols holiday concert, the Steel Drum Band’s annual performance, the 18th PRISM showcase and the 10th installment of PIANOPALOOZA, which celebrates the piano concerti of Rachmaninoff.