The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music commemorates 150 years of excellence in the performing and media arts when its Moveable Feast fundraising event returns on Friday, Jan. 19, 2018. Featuring a special guest appearance by alumnus Brian Newman (Jazz Studies, att. 1999-2003), this year’s anniversary-themed Feast also celebrates the contributions of two CCM supporters with unique ties to the college’s history: Tom Baur and Peter Landgren.
Hosted by CCMpower — a dedicated volunteer group comprised of fans, advocates and alumni — Moveable Feast gives guests a chance to sample artistic and culinary delights throughout CCM’s newly renovated facilities. The funds raised by the event enable CCMpower to “fuel the future of the arts” by awarding student scholarships and grants.
Attendees roam through the expansive CCM Village at their leisure, socializing and enjoying dinner-by-the-bite and cocktails provided by Jeff Thomas Catering while creating their own menu of artistic experiences. Guests plan their own schedule of 20-minute samplings of student and faculty entertainment, including Jazz, Choral, Musical Theatre, Piano, Opera, Acting, Dance and Orchestra performances, along with tours of CCM’s Electronic Media facilities, Lighting Design labs and other backstage areas.
CCM alumnus Brian Newman.
New for 2018! In honor of CCM’s 150-year legacy of inspiring the stars of tomorrow, this year’s program also features a performance by alumnus Brian Newman, who will solo with the Jazz Orchestra as the “opening course” on Moveable Feast’s artistic menu. As an accomplished trumpeter and vocalist, Newman’s brand of jazz resurrects the magic of Old New York, refreshing the glamorous era with nuances of his own rock-‘n’-roll edge. Bandleader for Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett, Newman will also cap off the evening at the new Blue-Note After Party. Featuring performances by Newman and a rotating cast of CCM alumni and students, this exclusive after party lasts from 10:30 p.m. until midnight, allowing attendees to dance the night away after the conclusion of Moveable Feast. Tickets to the Blue-Note After Party are sold separately; complete Moveable Feast and Blue-Note After Party ticket options are below.
In celebration of CCM’s Sesquicentennial, this year’s Moveable Feast honors CCM alumnus and former dean Peter Landgren, who now serves as President of the UC Foundation and Vice President for Advancement at UC, and Tom Baur, descendant of Cincinnati Conservatory of Music founder Clara Baur.
Learn more about Baur’s unique connection to CCM in the December/January issue of Movers & Makers Cincinnati, available on newsstands now or online at moversmakers.org/2017/12/12/ccms-sesquicentennial-surprise-a-gift-from-family-of-founder-clara-baur/.
Moveable Feast and Blue-Note After Party Event Date
Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
Schedule of Events
- Cocktails and Appetizers: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Prelude Performance feat. Brian Newman and the CCM Jazz Orchestra: 7:30-8 p.m.
- Performances and Dinner-by-the-Bite: 8-10 p.m.
- Finale Performance feat. the CCM Philharmonia: 10-10:30 p.m.
Blue-Note After Party: 10:30 p.m.-Midnight
CCM Village, University of Cincinnati
Tickets to Moveable Feast and the Blue-Note After Party are on sale now and can be purchased online at ccm.weshareonline.org/ws/opportunities/MoveableFeast2018 or over the telephone at 513-556-2100. Blue-Note After Party tickets are sold separately, unless purchased through a Sesquicentennial Sponsor package.
- Sesquicentennial Sponsor Package: $600 – price includes two tickets to Moveable Feast, two tickets to the Blue-Note After Party and two tickets to CCM Musical Theatre’s “Not Famous Yet” Showcase (April 5, 2018), valet parking for Moveable Feast/Blue-Note After Party and program recognition
- Patron Package: $225 – price includes one ticket to Moveable Feast, one ticket to CCM Musical Theatre’s “Not Famous Yet” Showcase, valet parking for Moveable Feast and program recognition
- Host Ticket: $150 – price includes one ticket to Moveable Feast, valet parking for Moveable Feast and program recognition
- General Public Tickets: $100 – price includes one ticket to Moveable Feast
- CCM Alumni and Young Professional (40 and under) Tickets: $75 – price includes one ticket to Moveable Feast
- Blue-Note After Party (Sold Separately): $25 – price includes admission to after party and dance from 10:30 p.m. to midnight
Seating is limited. Event proceeds raised by CCMpower support student scholarships for CCM’s “stars of tomorrow” and also help fund student and ensemble travel, master class opportunities and collaborative projects.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the new U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
The result of a merger of the Friends of CCM and the CCM Alumni Governing Board, CCMpower is a volunteer group of fans, advocates and alumni dedicated to empowering students and fueling the future of the arts through scholarship opportunities and more. This new organization is a combination of people who love and support the arts along with graduates of CCM investing back in their school. To learn more, visit ccm.uc.edu/ccmpower.