The standard procedure for college deans at UC requires that they go through a decanal review during the penultimate year of their appointment to determine if they will be reappointed for a new term.
This exhaustive process includes a comprehensive review by faculty and staff at the college, as well as UC leadership.
“I feel such a close connection to those with whom I work at UC, to the students who become remarkable fellow alumni of our college and to the generous community who invests in CCM’s UnCompromising Excellence,” said Landgren. “I am proud to continue guiding my alma mater, providing consistent leadership through the next UC comprehensive campaign.”
Landgren was named dean of CCM in September of 2011, and his leadership has resulted in a long list of accomplishments already, including:
- securing the internationally acclaimed Ariel Quartet as CCM’s string quartet-in residence;
- creating a collaboration with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, the Cincinnati World Piano Competition and CCM, which completed a successful third year earlier this month;
- realizing the mantra Get CCM Off the Hill through enhanced community engagement efforts, which were made possible by key staff hires and grant support from ArtsWave, the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and other regional private and foundation support;
- refocusing CCM’s vision and mission for the 21st century through the college’s ONECCM initiative;
- Vision: CCM-UnCompromising Excellence
- Mission: CCM provides life-changing experiences within a highly creative and multidisciplinary artistic environment
- Objective: To educate and inspire the whole artist and scholar for positions on the world’s stage
- partnering with faculty search committees to hire over 20 new full-time tenure-track faculty in four years – these new faculty, working collaboratively with current faculty, will ensure CCM remains and excels as a preeminent institution for the media and performing arts;
- participating in the Provost’s Cluster-Hire initiative through the Digital Media Collaborative, along with two other UC colleges (the College of Design, Art, Architecture and Planning and the McMicken College of Arts and Sciences);
- overseeing the creation of The Village News, CCM’s new electronic newsletter.
In the review confirming Landgren’s reappointment, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Beverly Davenport noted, “We couldn’t be more pleased to reappoint a UC alum to lead our world class College-Conservatory of Music for a second term as dean. Through his engagement at the local, regional, national and international level, Peter has helped elevate CCM and the University of Cincinnati to great heights. I look forward collaborating with Peter to build upon CCM’s renowned reputation at the University of Cincinnati.”
The new term for Landgren will officially begin in July 2016 and will run through June 2023. He will also continue to serve as the Thomas James Kelly Professor of Music at CCM.
Please join us in congratulating Dean Landgren on his reappointment!