“Our Country’s Good is a triumph…a tribute to the transforming power of drama…It is heartening to find someone standing up for theatre’s unique spiritual power.” (The Guardian)
Dark comedy Our Country’s Good runs tonight, Feb. 14, through Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, at CCM’s Patricia Corbett Theater. Based on the true story of convicts and captors producing Australia’s first play, Our Country’s Good explores how theatre can help rehabilitate and inspire.
View the gallery below for a sneak peek at CCM Acting’s production.
Our Country’s Good transports audiences to the edge of Australia, where 18th-century criminals and British colonialists are working together to put on a play to celebrate the king’s birthday. Few of the prisoners can read, let along act, and the play is produced against a background of food shortages and barbaric prison punishments. CCM’s production is for mature audiences.
Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office.
OUR COUNTRY’S GOOD
By Timberlake Wertenbaker
Based on the novel The Playmaker by Thomas Keneally
CCM’s production will last 2 hours, including a 10-minute intermission.
- Susan Felder, director
- Joshua E. Gallagher*, scenic designer
- Sam Kittle*, hair and make-up designer
- k. Jenny Jones, fight choreographer
- Ashley Trujilo*, costume designer
- Michael Ekema-Nardella*, lighting designer
- Zachory Ivans*, sound designer
- Travis Byrne*, associate sound designer
- Yue Shi (Jenny)*, production stage manager
- D’Arcy Smith and Katherine Webster, dialect coaches
* CCM Student
- Madeleine Page-Schmit as Mary Brenham
- Jacqueline Daaleman as Dabby Bryant
- Kayla Temshiv as Duckling
- Abby Palen as Liz Morden
- Chandler Bates as Meg/Reverend
- Carlee Coulehan as Johnston/Convict/Narrator
- Olivia Buss as Dawes/Convict/Narrator
- Jack Steiner as Ralph Clark
- Carter LaCava as Robert Sideway
- Jabari Carter as Captain Phillip/Aborigine
- Cameron Nalley as Ross/James Ketch
- James Egbert as Harry Brewer/Campbell
- Trey Peterson as Caesar/Narrator
- Graham Rogers as Judge Collins/Narrator
- Lucas Prizant as Arscot/Tench
- Duncan Weinland as Wisehammer/Faddy
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13 (preview)
- 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14
- 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15
- 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17
Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Tickets prices start at $28. Discounts are available for UC and non-UC students. Preview performance tickets start at $15. Service changes may apply for online orders.
Student rush tickets will be available one hour before each performance to non-UC students, based on availability. UC students can receive one free student rush ticket with a valid Bearcat ID, based on availability.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online though our e-Box Office! Visit ccm.uc.edu/boxoffice for CCM Box Office hours and location.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
Mainstage Production Sponsor: Macy’s
OUR COUNTRY’S GOOD is produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois.