Join us next week for the stunning conclusion to the Ariel Quartet’s Beethoven Cycle! The Ariel Quartet will finish its first complete tour of Beethoven’s string quartets with a trio of performances on March 25, 27 and 29.
To celebrate the occasion, we are delighted to present an excerpt of Beethoven’s String Quartet in F Minor Op. 95, “Serioso,” recorded live in CCM’s Corbett Auditorium in January of 2014. Watch the video embed below or view it on YouTube here!
Please see the schedule below for complete details.
THE ARIEL QUARTET PRESENTS THE COMPLETE STRING QUARTETS OF LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
Revised Performance Schedule
8 p.m. Tuesday, March 25
- String Quartet in C Minor, Op. 18, No. 4
- I. Allegro, ma non tanto
- II. Scherzo: Andante scherzoso quasi Allegretto
- III. Menuetto: Allegro
- IV. Allegretto—Prestissimo
- String Quartet in F Major, Op. 59, No. 1 (“Razumovsky”)
- I. Allegro
- II. Allegretto vivace e sempre scherzando
- III. Adagio molto e mesto
- IV. Thème russe: Allegro
8 p.m. Thursday, March 27
- String Quartet in A Major, Op. 18, No. 5
- I. Allegro
- II. Menuetto—Trio
- III. Andante cantabile
- IV. Allegro
- String Quartet in B-flat Major, Op. 130
- I. Adagio ma non troppo—Allegro
- II. Presto
- III. Poco scherzoso: Andante con moto ma non troppo
- IV. Alla danza tedesca: Allegro assai
- V. Cavatina. Adagio molto espressivo
- VI. Große Fuge (Op. 133)
8 p.m. Saturday, March 29
- String Quartet in B-flat Major, Op. 18, No. 6
- I. Allegro con brio
- II. Adagio, ma non troppo
- III. Scherzo: Allegro
- IV. La Malinconia: Adagio. Allegretto quasi allegro
- String Quartet in E-flat Major, Op. 74 (“Harp”)
- I. Poco adagio—Allegro
- II. Adagio ma non troppo
- III. Presto
- IV. Allegretto con variazioni
- String Quartet in A Minor, Op. 132
- I. Assai sostenuto—Allegro
- II. Allegro ma non tanto
- III. Molto adagio
- IV. Alla marcia, assai vivace
- V. Allegro appassionato
Corbett Auditorium, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Single tickets are $20 for general audiences, $15 for non-UC students and FREE for UC students with a valid ID.
Single tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online atccm.uc.edu/boxoffice/arielsubscription.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the new U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
CCM Season Presenting Sponsor: The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation
Community Partner: ArtsWave
The Ariel Quartet’s CCM concert series is made possible by the generous contributions of The Corbett Foundation, Dr. & Mrs. Randolph L. Wadsworth, Mr. & Mrs. William A. Friedlander, Mr. & Mrs. Harry H. Santen, Mr. & Mrs. Thomas E. Stegman and Mr. & Mrs. J. David Rosenberg.