Next month, CCM celebrates the art of the piano with a star-studded series of master classes, guest artist concerts and more! Launched in 2010 by Piano Department Chair Awadagin Pratt, the 2014 Bearcat Piano Festival welcomes a plethora of visiting pianists this February, including:
- Professor Emeritus Frank Weinstock on Feb. 6.
- Peabody Conservatory Piano Chair Boris Slutsky on Feb. 7.
- 2013 World Piano Competition Gold Medalist Marianna Prjevalskaya on Feb. 8.
- University of Louisville Piano Professor Dror Biran on Feb. 9
- Juilliard graduate (and brother of UC President Santa J. Ono, PhD) Momoro Ono on Feb. 11.
The celebration culminates with the return of Pianopalooza on Feb. 16. In honor of the Valentine’s Day holiday, this year’s concert celebrates “Keys to Love and Romance!”
For a complete schedule of festival events and additional information, please visit ccm.uc.edu/boxoffice/bearcatpianofestival. Some performances require paid admission.
Stay tuned for even more information about this exciting series of events!