Please note the following corrections and updates to CCM’s schedule of major events for the fall:
- CCM’s Verdi Intensive Conducting Workshop will present a FREE exhibition concert at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 6, in Corbett Auditorium. The performance will feature selections from Verdi’s La Traviata and Don Carlos in a concert setting. Maestro Mark Gibson and 12 aspiring conductors from all corners of the United States will lead CCM’s Philharmonia and Concert Orchestras during this unique performance. Featuring Christopher Bozeka, tenor; Summer Hassan, soprano; Joseph Lattanzi, baritone; and Xi Wang, soprano.
- Michael Fiday’s Oct. 12 Faculty Artist Recital has been rescheduled for Jan. 29, 2014.
- The CCM Philharmonia‘s celebration of Richard Wagner‘s bicentenary on Saturday, Oct. 12, will feature footage from the 1983 film Wagner, which includes some imagery intended for mature audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.
- The 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, screening of Tony Palmer’s film Wagner in UC’s MainStreet Cinema has been cancelled.
- In honor of the 50th anniversaries of both Cincinnati Ballet and CCM Dance, the 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, performance of the Fall Dance Concert will now feature a special appearance by dancers from Cincinnati Ballet! They will present excerpts from Val Caniparoli’s Caprice and from Cincinnati Ballet’s annual favorite The Nutcracker, along with excerpts from the company’s upcoming world premiere of the ballet King Arthur’s Camelot.
- Due to overwhelming demand, CCM has added a 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, matinee performance to this years Feast of Carols holiday concert. CCM’s fabulous choirs and outstanding guest choirs will now perform at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. on both Dec. 7 and Dec. 8.
You can always find the most up-to-date information on CCM’s calendar of events at ccm.uc.edu. Define your inspiration at UC’s College-Conservatory of Music.