CCM is pleased to announce an exciting lineup of Summer Programs for 2013. Students from around the world have the opportunity to work with CCM’s world-class faculty and renowned guest artists while in residence at the state-of-the-art CCM Village.
These high caliber summer opportunities are open to CCM and non-CCM students alike. For a full list of summer programs organized by discipline, please visit ccm.uc.edu/summer. Learn more about this year’s summer opportunities after the jump!
CCM’s 2013 Summer Programs include:
- The CCM String Symposium will present its inaugural summer season from May 20-31. Under the direction of CCM Professor of Viola Catharine Carroll, the festival is open to students from around the world and showcases all things strings. The String Symposium presents opportunities for talents ranging from high school to post graduate, including performances by world-class faculty and guest artists including acclaimed violinist Chee-Yun, private lessons, master classes, lectures, seminars and chamber and orchestral activities. Learn more about the CCM String Symposium by visiting ccm.uc.edu/summer/strings.
- Continuing on the overwhelming success of last summer’s Making Mozart workshop, 2013 will see CCM Realizing Rossini from June 17 – July 6, a three-week intensive for conductors, singers and accompanists under the direction of CCM Professor of Music and Director of Orchestral Studies Mark Gibson and an internationally acclaimed faculty. This workshop focuses on the craft of Italian opera and culminates in semi-staged performances of Gioachino Rossini Il Barbiere di Siviglia and La Cenerentola. Learn more about Realizing Rossini by visiting ccm.uc.edu/summer/realizing_rossini.
- For the first time, CCM will offer a workshop specifically for undergraduate singers with a focus on Italian repertoire. Led by CCM Professor of Voice and Performance Studies Division Head David Adams, CCM Opera Studio provides younger singers with Italian instruction, group classes, scenes preparation, voice lessons, coachings, performances and collaboration with the concurrent Rossini workshop. The workshop runs from June 17 – July 6. Learn more about CCM’s Opera Studio by visiting ccm.uc.edu/summer/opera_studio.
- Under the direction of Associate Professor of Piano and Artist-in-Residence Awadagin Pratt, Art of the Piano will give 25 talented individuals the opportunity to play for some of the world’s most sought-after teachers, and to hear Russell Sherman, Stephen Prutsman, Ory Shihor and others in recital. Those selected to participate will play in three 45-minute master classes and in one of four students recitals, and also will have the opportunity to interface with faculty during roundtable lunches and discussions. All classes are held in CCM’s beautiful Robert J. Werner Recital Hall and pianist have their choice of a new Hamburg or New York Steinway. The workshop runs July 13-26. Learn more about the Art of the Piano by visiting ccm.uc.edu/summer/art_of_piano.
- Running June 10-14 and July 22-26, CCM Wigs and Theatre Hair provides instructors and professionals in the theatre industry the tools and concepts needed to effectively build, style and maintain facial hair and wigs in the theatrical performing arts. Whether backstage running a touring musical, or educating students in the classroom, participants will leave this one-week intensive feeling confident in the skills they learn. Learn more about CCM Wigs and Theatre Hair by visiting ccm.uc.edu/summer/wigs_theatre_hair.
All CCM Summer Programs take place within CCM Village on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Applications are now being accepted. Please visit individual program pages for specific audition and application requirements. Dates and programs are subject to change.
For more information, visit ccm.uc.edu/summer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-556-5609.
The early deadline for CCM Summer applications has been extended through Monday, Jan. 21. After Jan. 21, the application fees will go up.
Please visit http://ccm.uc.edu/summer for individual program details, application fee information, or to apply online!