CCM presents its annual fall Brass Showcase at 8 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 19 in Corbett Auditorium. This concert will serve as a fundraiser to assist the American Red Cross in Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
Admission to the concert is free. Representatives from UC’s student chapter of the Red Cross will be at CCM to collect monetary donations. Learn more about the concert after the jump.
The Brass Showcase will feature performances by CCM’s Brass Choir, Brass Quintet, “Esprit de Cor” Horn Choir, Trumpet Ensemble, Trombone Choir and Tuba Euphonium Ensemble. Timothy Northcut, Danielle Gaudry, Boon Hua Lien, Randy Gardner, Timothy Dailey and Benjamin Clymer conduct.
The evening’s program is scheduled to include:
- Paul Dukas: Fanfare from “La Péri” (1912)
- Mikhail Glinka: Russlan and Ludmilla Overture (1842)
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Passacaglia in C Minor (1713)
- Václav Nelhýbel: Tower Music (1977)
- Anthony Di Lorenzo: Of Kingdoms and Glory (1999)
- Eric Ewazen: Sonoran Desert Harmonies (2003)
- Jan Koetsier: Brass Quintet, Op. 65 (1974)
- John Stevens: Benediction (2003)
- Philip Sparke: The Year of the Dragon (1984)
8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19
Corbett Auditorium, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Admission to CCM’s Brass Showcase is free.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
CCM Season Presenting Sponsor: The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation