CCM proudly presents the award-winning Little Shop of Horrors as the first installment in this year’s Studio Series. UC’s Cohen Family Studio Theater will be transformed into an iconic drive-in movie theater for this much-loved musical, which runs Oct. 11-13, 2012.
Based on the low-budget film directed by Roger Corman, Little Shop of Horrors is a comedy-horror-rock musical about a hapless florist who raises a plant that feeds on human blood. With a score in the style of early 1960s rock and roll, doo-wop and Motown, the show satirizes science-fiction, ‘B’ movies, the legend of Faust and more.
CCM’s Studio Series production of Little Shop of Horrors is directed by guest artist Thom Christopher Warren, with musical direction by Ryan Shirar and choreography by Joey Dippel.
About Thom Christopher Warren
Thom Christopher Warren is currently in his 10th year with The Lion King on Broadway, standing by for Scar and having played Ed, Timon, Pumbaa and Zazu. Warren also served as Resident Director of the second National Touring Company. He made his CCM directorial debut in 2008 with the Mainstage production of Little Women. Other directing credits includeCrossing Delancey (Bickford Theater), Annie (State Theatre, NJ), Babes in Arms (State Theatre, MI) and other benefits, concerts and solo pieces throughout the country.
- 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11
- 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12
- 2 & 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13
Cohen Family Studio Theater, College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati
Tickets to Little Shop of Horrors are free, but reservations are required. Tickets become available at noon on Monday, Oct. 8. Please visit the CCM Box Office or call 513-556-4183 to reserve. Limit two tickets per order.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
Little Shop of Horrors Cast List
- Matt Amira (Senior from New York City, N.Y.) as Mr. Mushnik
- Ben Biggers (Freshman from South Bend, Ind.) as Puppeteer
- Dallas Padoven (Sophomore from Durango, Colo.) as Puppeteer
- Connor Deane (Junior from Orange, Conn.) as Orin
- Cassie Levine (Senior from Vestal, N.Y.) as Audrey
- Noah Ricketts (Junior from Lousiville, Ky.) as the Voice
- Lee Slobotkin (Senior from Philadelphia, Pa.) as Seymour
- Kimber Sprawl (Junior from Cincinnati, Ohio) as Crystal
- Raven Thomas (Freshman from Oxford, Ohio) as Ronnette
- Erica Vlahinos (Junior from Castle Rock, Colo.) as Chiffon
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
CCM Season Presenting Sponsor and Musical Theatre Program Sponsor: The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation