This Saturday and Sunday, the CCM student-organized Projekt Wolfgang will present two rarely performed Mozart operas, Bastien und Bastienne (1768) and Der Schauspieldirektor (1786), at the Hoffner Lodge in Northside. Each performance will feature accompaniment by the Queen City Chamber Opera Orchestra. Antoine-François López and Isaac Selya conduct.
Admission to the double-bill performance is free. Projekt Wolfgang will be accepting donations at the door for Music for Youth in Cincinnati (MYCincinnati), an El Sistema inspired program using classical music to transform the lives of children in Price Hill.
These two insanely comical works will be fully staged, sung in German with English dialogue and accompanied by period sized orchestra. Both cast and orchestra feature current and former CCM students.
- 8 p.m. Saturday, June 9 (conducted by Antoine-François López)
- 8 p.m. Sunday, June 10 (conducted by Isaac Selya)
* A reception will follow the Saturday evening performance.
Hoffner Lodge, 4120 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
Admission to the Projekt Wolfgang double-bill is free. For more information, call 513-373-9479 or visit Projekt Wolfgang’s Facebook event page.
- César Méndez as the Impresario/Buff
- Samantha Stein as Madame Herz
- Danielle Messina as Mademoiselle Silberklang
- Ryan C. Connelly as Monsieur Vogelsang
Bastien und Bastienne
- Danielle Messina as Bastienne
- Ryan C. Connelly as Bastien
- César Méndez as Colas
- Mandy Milligan as the Dancer