CCM opens its 2011-12 Studio Series this month with Make Me a Song. A tribute to the music of composer William Finn, Make Me a Song runs Oct. 20 – 22 in the Cohen Family Studio Theater.
Conceived by Rob Ruggiero, the program promises to be a sparkling revue presenting over 20 songs from the exceptional and renowned composer. Effortlessly woven together, these tunes trace Finn’s career from the acclaimed Falsettos series to his smash hit The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. The program will feature diverse selections from Finn’s songbook, filled with personal, haunting and often hilarious tales. CCM’s Patricia A. Corbett Distinguished Chair of Musical Theatre Aubrey Berg directs with musical direction by Steve Goers.
CCM has a long history of producing musicals by Finn. In Trousers, March of the Falsettos, A New Brain, Elegies and Falsettoland have all been seen on CCM’s stages. CCM Musical Theatre graduate Lisa Howard has recently released a CD of William Finn’s songs entitles Songs of Innocence and Experience.
8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20
8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21
2 & 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22
Cohen Family Studio Theater
Tickets & Parking Information
Tickets to Make Me a Song: The Music of William Finn are free, but reservations are required. Tickets become available Monday, Oct. 17 at 12 p.m. Please contact the CCM Box Office at 513-556-4183 to reserve. Limit two tickets per order. Parking is available in the CCM Garage (at the base of Corry Boulevard off of Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. For complete ticket and parking information, visit ccm.uc.edu or call the CCM Box Office at 513-556-4183.
Make Me a Song Cast List
- Collin Kessler as “Billy” (Sophomore from Overland Park, Kansas)
- Max Chernin as “Man 1” (Senior from Shaker Heights, Ohio)
- Alysha Deslorieux as “Woman 1” (Senior from Plano, Texas)
- Blain Krauss as “Man 2” (Sophomore from St. Petersburg, Florida)
- Victoria Cook as “Woman 2” (Senior from Atlanta, Georgia)
- Cassie Levine: Swing for “Woman 1” and “Woman 2” (Junior from Vestal, New York)
- Julian Decker: Swing for “Man 1,” “Man 2” and “Billy” (Sophomore from Erie, Pennsylvania)
CCM Season Presenting Sponsor and Musical Theater Program Sponsor: The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation