Earlier this week, CCM’s Division of Electronic Media honored eleven outstanding students and graduates with its 20/20 Awards. Congratulations to all of this year’s award recipients!
Three new awards were presented this year:
Shelli Coppoolse, a June graduate, won the summer apprenticeship at Sony Imageworks in Los Angeles. She will be paid a weekly salary plus receive a stipend from the division to help with the expenses of her move to Los Angeles.
Mark Hixenbaugh, a senior gets the $3000 Ticket to LA Award. This award, funded by alumni, enables Hixenbaugh to go to LA to secure an internship or job to launch his future in the entertainment business.
Ryan Nasci, a junior, is the recipient of a $2500 scholarship offered to an outstanding E-Media student by Michael and Patricia Schiff. Mr. Schiff is a 1983 graduate of CCM and owner of Schiff Capital Group in Columbus.
The division also announced two winners of its second annual CCM Arts Abroad Award. Zach Mueller, a December graduate, and Heath Saunders, a senior, will travel to China to produce video documentation of the Great Wall International Music Festival in Beijing. This award is from the Starling Foundation and CCM’s distinguished professor of violin, Kurt Sassmannshaus.
The recipients of other, long-standing awards are:
- J.T. Rooney: the $2500 the John and Joan Strader Outstanding Senior Award
- Brandon Kisker: the $1000 Strader Audio/Radio Award
- Jeff Stephens: the $4500 Time Warner Cincinnati production internship.
- Emily Macke: the $750 Radio-TV Alumni of the 50s & 60s Award
- Aleksander Jovic: will spend his senior year in Munich Germany thanks to a $6000 award from Procter and Gamble.
- Joshua Wade: the $2500 WLWT/Hearst Television Internship Award
The award-winning students and their parents were recognized at a reception on May 24. Richard Dyer, the President and general manager of WLWT was the guest speaker.
The E-Media Division of CCM trains students for future roles in converging media. There are 200 majors in the BFA program and seven full time faculty members. Marjorie Fox is the division head.